Want Growth? Innovate
Innovation, along with increasing existing business, now outranks all other means of potential expansion, including new markets, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures.
What's the Latest Development?
PricewaterhouseCoopers' survey of 1200 CEOs from around the world found that innovation joined increasing existing business as the leading means of potential expansion. They came ahead of other means such as moving into new markets, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures and other alliances.
What's the Big Idea?
The PwC study “Demystifying Innovation: take down the barriers to new growth,” urges business leaders to create a culture that is open to new approaches to innovation. Interestingly, the study found that a majority of entertainment and media CEOs (57%) expect their company's innovations will be co-developed with outside partners. And 41% of pharmaceuticals and life sciences CEOs expect the majority of their innovations will be developed in markets outside the country where they are based.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Best case: Redrawing borders leads to peace, prosperity and EU membership. But there's also a worst case.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.