U.S. Deepens Ties in Iraq With Sale of Drones to Protect Oil
The agreement in which Iraq will purchase surveillance drones from the U.S. is the latest in an effort to help keep oil terminals within the Iraqi territory in the Persian Gulf safe. In turn, it allows the United States to strengthen its ties to the country.
Article written by guest writer Rin Mitchell
What’s the Latest Development?
The United States will sell unarmed surveillance drones to Iraq in order to protect oil terminals. Since the departure of U.S. Troops last December, the United States will now have a presence in Iraq. The deal is not only to protect oil exports, but to maintain and strengthen the U.S./Iran-relationship as well. The drones will allow Iraqi Military to guard oil terminals within areas of the Persian Gulf where Iran has threatened to block. In addition to the drones, Iraq will acquire more than $15 billion worth of U.S. Military hardware in the event they experience outside aggression.
What’s the Big Idea?
America wants to stay in the loop and maintain a presence in Iraq, while safe guarding the oil supply. The U.S. has spent years along with Iraq developing its energy industry. The oil production in Iraq has surged to three million barrels per day. It is predicted to surge even higher to 10 million barrels per day in six years.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.