Ahead of financial reform legislation that would give the Federal Reserve more regulative authority, Chairman Bernanke says the bailouts of 2009 must never be repeated.
Ahead of financial reform legislation that would give the Federal Reserve more regulative authority, Chairman Bernanke says the bailouts of 2009 must never be repeated. "'It is unconscionable that the fate of the world economy should be so closely tied to the fortunes of a relatively small number of giant financial firms,' Bernanke said yesterday in a speech in Orlando, Florida. 'If we achieve nothing else in the wake of the crisis, we must ensure that we never again face such a situation.' Congress is considering a resolution mechanism for financial firms that are so large or interconnected to other institutions that their failure could damage the financial system. A plan by Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd, a Connecticut Democrat, would allow the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. to liquidate a large firm after a panel of bankruptcy judges determines the company is insolvent and with approval of the Fed, FDIC and Treasury Department."
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
The controversy over whether Jesus had any siblings is reignited after an amazing new discovery of an ancient text.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.