U.N. Plays Politics
"China, Russia and the U.S., as permanent members of the security council, are holding themselves above the law," says Amnesty International in a new report.
"China, Russia and the U.S., as permanent members of the security council, are holding themselves above the law," says Amnesty International in a new report. "It's so fundamentally unfair for victims that will be denied justice," when powerful nations agree to enforce international human rights laws only when it's politically convenient. "Repression and injustice are flourishing in the global justice gap, condemning millions of people to abuse, oppression and poverty," says Claudio Cordone, Amnesty's interim secretary general.
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.