Toward a State of Innovation
If there was a central theme to the president's remarks, it was innovation. He called for more investment in education, research, science and clean energy.
In order to stoke innovation and competition, Obama made several direct proposals and a few veiled ones. The president wants to freeze domestic spending for five years and eliminate earmarks. He wants to make it easier for legal immigrants with research visas to stay in the United States, which would be a boon for tech companies. And he wants to make permanent a tax credit to help college students pay for tuition over four years. Many of the president’s proposals would have a direct affect on certain industries or the broader business community.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.