The Truth about Chile's Wines
"Though the quality of Chile's wines has risen dramatically recently, the world, by and large, still regards them as bottom-rung, at least in terms of price."
"With Chile much in the news (albeit for reasons unrelated to wine), I went looking for the cause for this particular sentiment. I found that the fault, in many ways, lies with Chilean winemakers themselves—at least with the producers of three decades ago. The wines exported then were fairly unremarkable but priced to compete with some of the cheapest wines in the U.S. While this strategy helped to secure Chilean wines a spot on the market, it tarnished their reputation among wine drinkers, who continued to associate all subsequent (though often superior) efforts with that first wave."
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.