The Pope On Intellectual Property
"Unlike most claims from politicians that intellectual property only provides benefits, (the Vatican) notes that the economic research is 'contradictory.'
"Unlike most claims from politicians that intellectual property only provides benefits, (the Vatican) notes that the economic research is 'contradictory'. "Last year, we noted that in one of the Pope's speeches, he had expressed concerns about how intellectual property laws were being used to hurt economic development and hold back things like medicines..." A speech last month by the Vatican's representative to the UN highlights worries by the Vatican about how intellectual property can stifle access to knowledge and economic growth, especially in developing countries. "It's nice to see at least some folks recognizing that intellectual property creates competing incentives."
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
The real Game of Thrones might be who best leverages the hit HBO show to shape political narratives.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.