The Permanency of Spy Games
Despite the Cold War mystique surrounding alleged Russian spies living within the U.S. under "deep cover", Al Jazeera reports that spying is an eternal art, valuable to a nation no matter the epoch.
Despite the Cold War mystique surrounding alleged Russian spies living within the U.S. under "deep cover", Al Jazeera reports that spying is an eternal art, valuable to a nation no matter the epoch. "Although many people had assumed that intense rivalry between intelligence agencies, such as the CIA and KGB, were a thing of the past, the fact is that nations still want to know what their enemies, and even their friends, are thinking. Glenmore Trenear-Harvey, a former British intelligence officer, told Al Jazeera that the alleged actions by the 11 suspects accused of acting as agents of a foreign government were likely 'part of the constant spying that goes on between these nations'."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.