The GOP Killed Cap-and-Trade
Ross Douthat at The Times admits that the GOP is responsible for cap-and-trade's failure in the Senate, but he thinks his party is demonstrating "the wisdom of inaction" vis-a-vis climate change.
Ross Douthat at The Times admits that the GOP is responsible for cap-and-trade's failure in the Senate, but he thinks his party is demonstrating "the wisdom of inaction" vis-a-vis climate change. "The evidence that carbon emissions are altering the planet’s ecology is too convincing to ignore," says Douthat. "Conservatives who dismiss climate change as a hoax are making a spectacle of their ignorance. But this doesn’t mean that we should mourn the death of cap-and-trade. It’s possible that the best thing to do about a warming earth—for now, at least—is relatively little."
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.