The Godfather of Sci-Fi
Nathaniel Rich writes that Ray Bradbury's best stories are "have a strange familiarity about them. They're like long-forgotten acquaintances—you know you've met them somewhere before."
"Ray Bradbury is one of the most prolific writers of our time—and our parents' time, and our grandparents' time. As he approaches his 90th birthday, he continues to publish, his pace slowed only slightly by a stroke that requires him to write by dictation." Nathaniel Rich writes that Bradbury's best stories are "have a strange familiarity about them. They're like long-forgotten acquaintances—you know you've met them somewhere before. ... To the extent that there is a mythology of our age, Bradbury is one of its creators."
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.