The Future of the French Press
Media consultant Frédéric Filloux dissects the dire situation of the French press (generalizable to most western media?) and the likely fate of the flagship daily, Le Monde.
Media consultant Frédéric Filloux dissects the dire situation of the French press (generalizable to most western media?) and the likely fate of flagship daily, Le Monde. Opening with the sober fact that "within two weeks,...Le Monde will run out of cash", he sets out what went wrong and how to right it. Filloux concludes that Le Monde remains a great news organization but risks irrelevance within a few years if its new owners use it "for their interests". "If proper steps are taken, it has the potential to be an editorial powerhouse comparable to the Guardian or The New York Times."
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.