The End of Cable TV?
Close to 90 percent of U.S. households still subscribe to pay TV in one form or another but 2011 may be the year of "cord cutting" and the end of cable television.
Netflix transformed itself from a DVD rental service to an online streaming company in 2010, and it’s willing to spend big bucks to accelerate its online growth. Netflix will have to renegotiate its Starz deal next year, which could lead to it spending a lot more for Hollywood movies—but we will undoubtedly also see a number of major content deals, especially with media companies that haven’t been able to cash in on TV Everywhere or online VOD. The Saturday Night Live deal was groundbreaking, and I predict that we are gonna see at least one other major TV brand to come to Netflix next year, be it The Daily Show, Conan or something along those lines.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.