The Cost of Declaring War on Murdoch
The U.K.'s Business Secretary has lost power to block Murdoch's BSkyB bid after he told two journalists posing as constituents that he had "declared war" on the media magnate.
The Independent has dubbed UK Business Secretary, Vince Cable, "The man who declared war on Murdoch...and lost", in the aftermath of a "sting" operation by the Daily Telegraph. Cable told two undercover reporters posing as constituents that he had "declared war" on the Murdoch empire. News Corp condemned Mr Cable's remarks, saying they raised serious questions about fairness and due process. Cable has kept his job but been stripped of the power to rule on Mr Murdoch's bid for full control of BSkyB. Today The Telegraph newspaper published embarrassing comments by three other Liberal Democrat ministers which were also obtained by undercover journalists.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
- Fewer than 50 people worldwide have 'golden blood' — or Rh-null.
- Blood is considered Rh-null if it lacks all of the 61 possible antigens in the Rh system.
- It's also very dangerous to live with this blood type, as so few people have it.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.