Stopping Body Hate
Women (and men) increasingly hate their bodies. Everyone knows poor body image is a problem. A new movement wants to do something to actually change our culture.
Women (and men) increasingly hate their bodies. "Everyone knows poor body image is a problem. A new movement wants to do something to actually change our culture. As (Courtney E.) Martin wrote... the process of plucking, primping, dieting, exercising, and striving to conform to beauty standards–and hating themselves when they inevitably do not–sucks up much of women’s time and energy that could be used to affect positive change for themselves and others. 'It becomes difficult to take actual action against a culture that is so toxic for women and girls,' she says, eager to find ways for women to channel their 'pain into activism.'"
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
Famous physicists like Richard Feynman think 137 holds the answers to the Universe.
- The fine structure constant has mystified scientists since the 1800s.
- The number 1/137 might hold the clues to the Grand Unified Theory.
- Relativity, electromagnetism and quantum mechanics are unified by the number.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.