Stopping Body Hate
Women (and men) increasingly hate their bodies. Everyone knows poor body image is a problem. A new movement wants to do something to actually change our culture.
Women (and men) increasingly hate their bodies. "Everyone knows poor body image is a problem. A new movement wants to do something to actually change our culture. As (Courtney E.) Martin wrote... the process of plucking, primping, dieting, exercising, and striving to conform to beauty standards–and hating themselves when they inevitably do not–sucks up much of women’s time and energy that could be used to affect positive change for themselves and others. 'It becomes difficult to take actual action against a culture that is so toxic for women and girls,' she says, eager to find ways for women to channel their 'pain into activism.'"
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Best case: Redrawing borders leads to peace, prosperity and EU membership. But there's also a worst case.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.