The swaths of Red Shirt supporters demonstrating in the Thai capital, Bangkok, appears to have dwindled dramatically as the group prepares to spill blood on the steps of parliament.
The swaths of Red Shirt supporters demonstrating in the Thai capital, Bangkok, appears to have dwindled dramatically as the group prepares to spill blood on the steps of parliament. For the past 48 hours about 100,000 protestors have demonstrated in support of former prime minister Thaksi Shinawatra, but as the protest organisers step up their demands for partakers to provide their life-blood about two-thirds of them have appear to have been put off the idea. Nonetheless thousands still lined up to have their blood taken in makeshift medical tents and the blood is being stored in large bottles in readiness for the dramatic political action of throwing it onto the steps of parliament. If the Thai government continues to refuse to resign, the Red Shirts say they will take more blood donations and throw blood at the prime minister’s house tomorrow.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the Universe.
- The researchers think our Universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the Universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.