Spider-Man! The Musical?
Following reports that performers in 'Spider-Man' had sustained injuries while using the production's complex flying equipment, the Broadway musical has been postponed.
In another setback for a production that has been plagued with delays and spiraling costs, the organizers of the Broadway musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' said Thursday that the official opening has been pushed back to Jan. 11 from a previously scheduled opening of Dec. 21. ... The musical, whose budget is estimated to be well above $55 million, has seen opening dates come and go. At one point, the musical was supposed to open Feb. 18, 2010, but budgetary issues and other problems forced the production to be postponed. Industry watchers have stated that recouping costs will be difficult and could take years.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Bad outcomes get criticized as evidence of bad decisions, but that's not necessarily so.
- Here, poker pro Annie Duke desribes a simple thought experiment that separates decisions from outcomes.
- It is quite possible to make a very good decision that, due to external factors, results in a bad outcome.
Decide to Play Great Poker: A Strategy Guide to No-Limit Texas Hold '’Em
American geneticists take a stand against the misuse of their science by racists.
- The largest society of geneticists decries the distortion of ideas by racists.
- Science does not support the concept of race.
- Race is a social construct, explain the scientists.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.