Solar Powered Pants?
A clothing company has begun marketing a pair of cargo pants with solar panels sewn into its pockets. The panels are designed to charge personal electronic devices.
For the low, low price of $920, you can own a pair of Go Urban Cargo Pants, which boasts "fly front, low-slung drawstring waist, and two back patch pockets with button down flaps" on the company's website. Oh, and the main reason you might pay nearly $1,000 for a pair of pants: "two side cargo pockets each comes with independently functioning power supply." The cargo pants are just one item in the new clothing line from Silvr Lining that can generate its own solar power. They won't generate enough renewable energy to power an NFL stadium, but the pocket-sized solar panels will be able to charge small electronic items like MP3 players and smart phones.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.