Soccer's Power Tussle
Football is a game, and when one is playing, he always tries to cheat a little bit. So says FIFA president Sepp Blatter, now facing a leadership rival in old pal Mohamed bin Hammam.
There's a power struggle at the top of FIFA, soccer’s governing body: "Sepp Blatter, the 75-year-old Swiss who has been the organization’s president since 1998, will be challenged June 1 by Mohamed bin Hammam, a 61-year-old Qatari. Old pals to the extent that bin Hammam provided transportation for Blatter to jet around the globe for his inaugural rise to the leadership, they will now show how divisive two men can be in pursuit of personal glory. 'Football is corrupted by all little devils which exist in the world,' Blatter said in a speech to European delegates this week."
No, the Syrian civil war is not over. But it might be soon. Time for a recap
- The War in Syria has dropped off the radar, but it's not over (yet)
- This 1-minute video shows how the fronts have moved – and stabilised – over the past 22 months
- Watching this video may leave you both better informed, and slightly queasy: does war need a generic rock soundtrack?
Sarco assisted suicide pods come in three different styles, and allow you to die quickly and painlessly. They're even quite beautiful to look at.
Death: it happens to everyone (except, apparently, Keanu Reeves). But while the impoverished and lower-class people of the world die in the same ol' ways—cancer, heart disease, and so forth—the upper classes can choose hip and cool new ways to die. Now, there's an assisted-suicide pod so chic and so stylin' that peeps (young people still say peeps, right?) are calling it the "Tesla" of death... it's called... the Sarco!
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.