Sign of Justice?
A mother and daughter were made to publicly hold placards admitting theft after stealing from a child on her birthday.
"I stole from a nine year-old girl on her birthday! Don’t steal or this could happen to you!" reads a large white placard held by a defeated looking middle-aged woman with dyed blond hair and a purple jacket sitting by the side of the road in Bedford. This slightly Draconian punishment was given to Tina Greikspoor and her daughter after they swiped and used a gift card belonging to a child that had been placed on a shelf in Walmart while an employee helped her. The pair were made to stand outside the courthouse wielding their signs for more than four hours in a creative piece of retribution. The nine year-old’s mother drove past the courthouse in order to teach her daughter the importance of obeying the law.
Are university safe spaces killing intellectual growth?
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.