Should You Go To College?
"As U.S. employment patterns evolve, a diploma is no longer a guarantee of a better job and higher pay," says the L.A. Times. Vocational labor is gaining most as the economy recovers.
"As U.S. employment patterns evolve, a diploma is no longer a guarantee of a better job and higher pay," says the L.A. Times. Vocational labor is gaining most as the economy recovers. "The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that seven of the 10 employment sectors that will see the largest gains over the next decade won't require much more than some on-the-job training. Meanwhile, well-paying white-collar jobs such as computer programming have become vulnerable to outsourcing to foreign countries. 'People with bachelor's degrees will increasingly get not very highly satisfactory jobs,' said W. Norton Grubb, a professor at UC Berkeley's School of Education. 'In that sense, people are getting more schooling than jobs are available.'"
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.