Sexual Equality for Disabled
Amid questions over U.K. taxpayer money spent on sex services for the disabled, Naomi Jacobs rejects the "myth" that the disabled need to exploit prostitutes to have sex.
Amid questions over U.K. taxpayer money spent on sex services for the disabled, Naomi Jacobs rejects the "myth" that the disabled need to exploit prostitutes to have sex. "There are all manner of factors that make it more difficult for disabled people to meet prospective sexual partners, not least poor physical access to social venues – but the biggest obstacle is other people's attitudes. This has as much to do with ignorance as it does with our culture's obsession with perfect bodies," she says. "Disabled people's sexuality is a social issue. Many of us are having sex...We're at it – get over it."
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.