Sex Does a Body Good
Besides the immense pleasure that it gives, bet you didn’t know that regular sex is also a great way to improve your physical and psychological health. Yes, sex does a body good!
Sex gives a lift to both your mental and physical health: "Did you know that semen acts as an antidepressant? Yes, semen helps fight the blues. A study at the State University of New York in Albany found that females who had sex without condoms had fewer signs of depression than women who used condoms or abstained from sex. That’s because semen enters the bloodstream and fights to counteract depressive symptoms. Remember, it’s always best to practice safe sex. But if you’re battling the blues and you’re in a healthy monogamous relationship, don’t hesitate to occasionally send your man’s 'lil’ soldiers' to war."
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- Men who can perform 40 pushups in one minute are 96 percent less likely to have cardiovascular disease than those who do less than 10.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
On Thursday, New Zealand moved to ban an array of semi-automatic guns and firearms components following a mass shooting that killed 50 people.
- Gun control supporters are pointing to the ban as an example of swift, decisive action that the U.S. desperately needs.
- Others note the inherent differences between the two nations, arguing that it is a good thing that it is relatively hard to pass such legislation in such a short timeframe.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.