School's Recipe for Reading Success
The Boston Globe reports on a determined principal, dedicated teachers, and an innovative reading program that have helped a school transform itself.
The Boston Globe reports on a determined principal, dedicated teachers, and an innovative reading program that have helped a school transform itself: "Set in a gritty working-class neighborhood under a Logan flight path, this school is an urban success story. Two-thirds of its students qualify for free or reduced lunch, while one-fifth are English language learners. And last year, 100 percent of the school’s third-graders scored at the proficient or advanced level on the English and math MCAS. So what has led to that success? ...A determined, hard-working principal, dedicated teachers who put in extra hours. And an innovative reading program."
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.