Raising Digitally Native Children
Faced with the prospect of raising children in a world even more wired than theirs, a new breed of parents are redefining child rearing for an age of digitally native children.
The first generation of native computer users is having children and finding that technological questions spring up early and often: "Speaking at the South by Southwest music, film and interactive technology conference here, self-professed 'geek dads' Dan Sinker and John Bracken led a room full of parents through some of the tough questions parents face regarding Facebook, Internet usage and how early to start teaching their kids programming. 'A lot of things are different now. The first time my baby gave me a kiss, it was over [Macbook’s video chat program] FaceTime,' Bracken said."
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Both panoramic and detailed, this infographic manages to show both the size and distribution of world religions.
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
Hungarian cartographer travels the world while mapping its treasures.
- Simple idea, stunning result: the world's watersheds in glorious colors.
- The maps are the work of Hungarian cartographer Robert Szucs.
- His job: to travel and map the world, one good cause at a time.
Yes, a coup d'état.
- Though we know today that his policies eventually ended the Great Depression, FDR's election was seen as disastrous by some.
- A group of wealthy bankers decided to take things into their own hands; they plotted a coup against FDR, hoping to install a fascist dictator in its stead.
- Ultimately, the coup was brought to light by General Smedley Butler and squashed before it could get off the ground.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.