Sexually provocative, sexually suggestive and sexually reminiscent iPhone applications (apps) have been purged from the Apple store to reassure consumers of its wholesome image.
"Apple has been sanitizing its app store with the zeal of a ’50s-era television-commercial housewife. Sexually provocative, sexually suggestive and sexually reminiscent apps have been purged from the store, reassuring consumers that they’ll never have to see a bikini again, provided they stare intently at the app store for the rest of their lives and don’t turn on a TV or anything. Also, as long as they don’t download the Sports Illustrated app — it hasn’t been scrubbed from Apple’s store, presumably because the models are professional bikini athletes competing in the National Bikini League. There is a great deal of speculation about Apple’s motives. Some theorize that the company is caving to pressure from parents’ groups; others think Apple is trying to get the upcoming iPad into schools, homes and churches. One source reports that Apple discovered that if the constant influx of racy apps wasn’t stopped, 90 percent of the apps on the store would be bikini-themed, with another 9 percent being fart-tastic. The truth is much more altruistic than that. A source at Apple, who chose to remain both anonymous and fictional, explained to me that Apple is making the purge because ‘you really shouldn’t pay for porn.’"
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.