Pricing Medical Procedures
As America becomes more aware of the costs its healthcare system imposes on the national economy, online sources are helping consumers find out about healthcare prices.
"In bygone days, when more workers had comprehensive healthcare insurance, the price of medical procedures was not much of an issue. But now, with many people having to make do with high-deductable plans—if they have insurance at all—price becomes a huge consideration. 'We are seeing more and more of this, and it's only going to grow over time,' said Martin Rosen, executive vice president and co-founder of the Health Advocate, a Philadelphia consulting firm. The situation has forced many consumers to become comparison shoppers when it comes to medical matters."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Bushier eyebrows are associated with higher levels of narcissism, according to new research.
- Science has provided an excellent clue for identifying the narcissists among us.
- Eyebrows are crucial to recognizing identities.
- The study provides insight into how we process faces and our latent ability to detect toxic people.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.