Attention has been drawn once again to President Barack Obama’s struggle to stop smoking, more than a year after the habit threatened to blight his clean-living campaign image.
Attention has been drawn once again to President Barack Obama’s struggle to stop smoking, more than a year after the habit threatened to blight his clean-living campaign image. The news emerged following a complete physical examination of the president by his doctor. "During Monday's press briefing, Robert Gibbs told reporters, President Obama continues to chew nicotine gum. Gibbs says the President has quit smoking but ‘like anyone he falls off the wagon.’ Gibbs also told reporters the President ‘works hard at it and continues to struggle with it.’ After President Obama’s Sunday physical, his doctor recommended he should continue to stop smoking. Gibbs was asked when and where the President sneaks his cigarettes. Gibbs replied he is not with the President 24 hours of the day. The President has admitted in the past that during the campaign he was smoking up to 5-6 cigarettes per day but Gibbs said he isn't aware the President is up to that level currently."
Delay, deny and deflect were the strategies Facebook has used to navigate scandals it's faced in recent years, according to the New York Times.
- The exhaustive report is based on interviews with more than 50 people with ties to the company.
- It outlines how senior executives misled the public and lawmakers in regards to what it had discovered about privacy breaches and Russian interference in U.S. politics.
- On Thursday, Facebook cut ties with one of the companies, Definers Public Relations, listed in the report.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
Sure we know it would be bad, but what do all of these scary numbers really mean?
- At the press time, the value was $21.7 trillion dollars.
- Lots of people know that a default would be bad, but not everybody seems to get how horrible it would be.
- While the risk is low, knowing what would happen if a default did occur is important information for all voters.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.