Potential Virus Weapon
The immune system has been found to target viruses inside cells, suggesting new strategies against infections including the common cold and winter vomiting bug."
"The discovery...could pave the way for a new generation of antiviral drugs that fight infections by supercharging the body's own defences. Future treatments based on James's research are only expected to work against a class of viruses that do not shed their protein coats when they invade healthy cells. Those that do would leave the attached antibodies outside the cells, and so not trigger the cell's own immune attack." According to expert Sir Greg Winter: 'This research is not only a leap in our understanding of how and where antibodies work, but more generally in our understanding of immunity and infection.'"
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
The controversy over whether Jesus had any siblings is reignited after an amazing new discovery of an ancient text.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.