Police Fear Eco-Activists
What is really so shocking anyway about a policeman siding with ‘radical’ environmentalists whose views on climate change are sympathised with by many members of the establishment?
The news is full of what we are assured are ‘shocking’ revelations about a British policeman infiltrating an environmentalist group, which have come to light because the undercover cop has reportedly gone native and offered to give evidence on the activists’ behalf, causing their trial to collapse. Which aspect are we supposed to be most shocked by? The fact that the police are so paranoid they have spent a fortune infiltrating a conservative little group of eco-activists whose idea of radical protest was normally to climb some trees, cranes and chimneys? Or that a group of allegedly ‘hardcore’ eco-activists could be so easily taken in by a cop poseur?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A disturbing interview given by a KGB defector in 1984 describes America of today and outlines four stages of mass brainwashing used by the KGB.
- Bezmenov described this process as "a great brainwashing" which has four basic stages.
- The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve.
- According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.