Polar Bear vs. Grizzly Bear
Climate change is steering grizzly bears and polar bears on a collision course. When they meet in the middle, fights are inevitable. Find out who is favored to win, evolutionarily speaking.
It's long been shown that the rapidly warming earth is bad news for polar bears. Their habitat is shrinking, as are their food sources and breeding grounds. If global warming continues, they may face a tough competitor. Grizzly bear habitat is limited by frigid winters and sheets of ice. As their world warms up, they're expanding north. The habitats of the two predators are already beginning to overlap. If they continue to do so, the polar bears, not the grizzlies, are going to be the losers in the competition for survival. This is surprising to some. Grizzlies are just a frighteningly-named subspecies of brown bear.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.