There's a new anti-snobbery food movement in France called Le Fooding, which focuses on sensual cooking, that evidently wants to take over America as well.
There's a new anti-snobbery food movement in France that evidently wants to take over America as well. Journalist Alexandre Cammas, one of the two founders of Le Fooding says that French cuisine was "caught in a museum culture: the dictatorship of a fossilized idea of gastronomy" with dishes like foie gras and volaille de bresse. Instead, he and fellow food writer Emmanuel Rubin want people "to eat and drink with feeling -- to recognize that one eats with the nose, the eyes, the mouth, with everything that makes us human." Adam Gopnik looks at this foodie phenomenon.
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.