NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has announced that the Western military bloc was not prepared to compromise with Russia over Georgia.
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has announced that the Western military bloc was not prepared to compromise with Russia over Georgia. "When asked by journalists whether his talks with Russian leaders meant the alliance had changed its position on the August 2008 war between Russia and Georgia, Rasmussen said NATO was not ready to reach a compromise on issues of fundamental importance. NATO froze ties with Russia following the brief armed conflict with the ex-Soviet Caucasus state and the recognition by Moscow of Georgia's breakaway regions, but relations have improved in recent months. Rasmussen is on his first official visit to Moscow seeking greater Russian assistance for international operations in Afghanistan. At meetings on Tuesday, Rasmussen and Russian officials acknowledged persisting differences between NATO and Russia, but said they should not affect their common interests."
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
At least he wasn't burned at the stake, right?
- The letter suggests Galileo censored himself a bit in order to fly more under the radar. It didn't work, though.
- The Royal Society Journal will publish the variants of the letters shortly, and scholars will begin to analyze the results.
- The letter was in obscurity for hundreds of years in Royal Society Library in London.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.