New & Improved Obesity Scale
Scientists say they may have found a new way to measure obesity that has nothing to do with how much you weigh. The new measurement is called the Body Adiposity Index, or BAI.
A new obesity measurement doesn't require getting on the scale: "Weight would not factor into the Body Adiposity Index, or BAI measurement, which would calculate only a ratio of hip circumference to height, according to Reuters. The new system still needs some testing, but researchers said it could prove to be useful—especially in situations in which scales are not available to weigh patients. The BAI scale comes at a particularly critical moment, as researchers estimate that more than half a billion people worldwide are considered to be obese, Reuters reported. That number is twice as big as it was 30 years ago."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A disturbing interview given by a KGB defector in 1984 describes America of today and outlines four stages of mass brainwashing used by the KGB.
- Bezmenov described this process as "a great brainwashing" which has four basic stages.
- The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve.
- According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.