New Buildings To Be Net Energy Producers
In line with national objectives outlined by President Obama to improve building efficiency by twenty percent in the next ten years, entrepreneurs can take advantage of ample funding.
While designing buildings that create more energy than they take in is sound environmental policy, it can also be a good way to draw customers to your business, as one Florida credit union discovered. "A few years ago in central Florida, John Santarpia had an idea. He was the president and C.E.O. of a credit union and felt he needed to do something to improve its image. 'We're a medium-sized credit union and there's a lot of competition,' Santarpia said. 'We wanted to stand out.' He and his colleagues had found a lot in Lakeland, a city of about 100,000 residents, with an ice cream shop on it."
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.