New Antimatter Particle Observed
Using data from the Large Hadron Collider experiment, a team of scientists has observed new behaviour of an exotic "B meson" particle that should shed light on a new physics.
Is the Large Hadron Collider getting closer to a new physics with the its recent observations of a new antimatter particle? "When the universe was formed from the Big Bang 14 billion years ago, matter and antimatter were created in equal quantities. Today, however, we find ourselves in a universe composed almost entirely of matter. The apparent disappearance of antimatter could be explained if scientists discover differences in the way matter and antimatter decay. '[The result] tells us about the structure of these decays and allows us to compare with theoretical models,' said lead author Sheldon Stone from Syracuse University in New York."
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.