Music Professor Jason Freeman has created open source composition software to encourage the public to remix and compose sheet music.
Music Professor Jason Freeman has created open source composition software to encourage the public to remix and compose sheet music. "It saddens me that so few of us make music. I believe that all of us are musically creative and have something interesting to say. I also wish that everyone could share in this experience that I find so fulfilling. To come closer to realizing that wish, I am inviting readers of The Score to compose their own music and share it. How? Read on."
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Explore a legendary philosopher's take on how society fails to prepare us for education and progress.
- Alan Watts was an instrumental figure in the 1960s counterculture revolution.
- He believed that we put too much of a focus on intangible goals for our educational and professional careers.
- Watts believed that the whole educational enterprise is a farce compared to how we should be truly living our lives.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.