More Men Getting Plastic Surgery
Although women go under the knife in the name of beauty in larger numbers, a new report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows an increase in operations among men in 2010.
Facelifts, liposuction and Botox injections are becoming increasingly popular with men. "Why the jump in facelifts and cosmetic surgeries among men? 'The growth in cosmetic surgical procedures for men may be a product of our aging baby boomers who are now ready to have plastic surgery,' says Phillip Haeck, a board certified plastic surgeon and president of A.S.P.S., in a press release. He suspects aging men are catching on to what plastic surgery has to offer—a boost in confidence, even in middle to older age. For women, breast implants, nose reshaping and liposuction remained at top of the list last year."
Is everyone's favorite Thanksgiving centerpiece really to blame for the post-dinner doldrums?
- Americans kill around 45 million turkeys every year in preparation for the Thanksgiving meal, only to blame our favorite centerpiece for the following food comas.
- Rumor has it our after-dinner sleepiness results from the tryptophan found in turkey.
- However, it is the meal's overall nutritional imbalance, not just the tryptophan, that make us want to leave the dishes for tomorrow. Or maybe the next day.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The famed author headed to the pond thanks to Indian philosophy.
- The famed author was heavily influenced by Indian literature, informing his decision to self-exile on Walden Pond.
- He was introduced to these texts by his good friend's father, William Emerson.
- Yoga philosophy was in America a century before any physical practices were introduced.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.