Men Are Brutes, & Other Myths
Sex educator Jessi Fischer on why and how we vilify male sexuality: "The falsehood that men are brutes who can't control their sex drive is harmful to everyone."
Sex educator Jessi Fischer looks at why and how we vilify male sexuality: "The falsehood that men are brutes who can't control their sex drive is harmful to everyone. The only sexual aggression I see from men is culturally encouraged, not biologically inherent. We raise them on this idea that a defining character of their masculinity is uncontrollable sexual behavior and that man points can be had with every (female) orifice their penis enters." Three myths: testosterone makes men aggressive, plentiful and easy sperm production encourages promiscuous behavior in men, risk of pregnancy mitigates sexual desire and behavior.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- During the Vietnam War, Robert McNamara began a program called Project 100,000.
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.