Measuring Digital Marketing
One of the most exciting aspects of digital marketing is its measurability. But just because you can measure it does not always mean it is easy to know if your efforts are paying off.
What's the Latest Development?
Just because you can measure your digital marketing does not mean you know if your efforts are paying off, warns David Rogers. So you've added a thousand Facebook fans, but what are those fans worth? How much value does your blog generate for your firm? There is no silver bullet to measure the impact of all digital marketing, so businesses should develop a variety of metrics to assess the return on their digital marketing efforts.
What's the Big Idea?
Rogers says the first key to developing good metrics is to know your objectives. The second is to understand how close your metrics are to measuring a financial value delivered to your business. Digital marketing metrics fall into one of three broad stages: Activity metrics (the lowliest level), engagement metrics (an over-used, under-defined term to cover anything that measures the level of customer’s involvement, attention, and commitment), and business metrics (the impact of digital marketing on critical business outcomes). "Only when you get to stage 3 can you actually answer the most important question: is my digital marketing paying off?"
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
Air pollution is up to five times over the EU limit in these Central London hotspots.
- Dirty air is an invisible killer, but an effective one.
- More than 9,000 people die prematurely in London each year due to air pollution, a recent study estimates.
- This map visualizes the worst places to breathe in Central London.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.