The Pentagon has placed blame for the Fort Hood shootings on eight Army officers for not relieving Major Nidal Malik Hasan from his post sooner.
The Pentagon has placed blame for the Fort Hood shootings on eight Army officers for not relieving Major Nidal Malik Hasan from his post sooner. "The Pentagon gave itself a harsh assessment in the aftermath of the Fort Hood shootings, and could pursue disciplinary action against several officers who ‘failed to comply’ with policies in place to get rid of officers who were unfit. In an 86-page report released Friday, Defense Department investigators determined that the procedures in place meant to head off violent behavior are ‘outdated’ and ‘incomplete.’ The review commissioned by Defense Secretary Robert Gates called the failures ‘significant’ and ‘in need of immediate attention.’ Published reports suggest as many as eight Army officers could face sanction for not cutting short the military career of accused shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, even as he was showing signs of erratic behavior and professional problems in the years leading up to the shooting."
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
At least he wasn't burned at the stake, right?
- The letter suggests Galileo censored himself a bit in order to fly more under the radar. It didn't work, though.
- The Royal Society Journal will publish the variants of the letters shortly, and scholars will begin to analyze the results.
- The letter was in obscurity for hundreds of years in Royal Society Library in London.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.