More than 2,700 unmarked graves containing 3,000 bodies have been found in the Indian-administered Kashmir Valley, according to a human rights group.
"A human rights group says it has discovered more unmarked graves in Indian-administered Kashmir. The International People's Tribunal on Human Rights and Justice says there are 2,700 graves with nearly 3,000 bodies. Some of the mass graves contain between three and 17 bodies. Last year too, the group had found 1,000 unmarked graves in the Muslim-majority Kashmir valley. The Indian army and militants have been accused of numerous human rights abuses in Kashmir over the past two decades. More than a dozen separatist Islamic groups have been fighting Indian administration. In a recent report, the tribunal said most of the graves were found in three northern districts of Baramullah, Kupwara and Bandipora. The report said the group examined the cases of 50 people whom the Indian authorities described as foreign militants who had been killed in fighting with Indian security forces."
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.