Jewish Leadership in America
The New York Review of Books continues to host the dialog between Peter Beinart and Abraham Foxman over how much support Irsael is receiving from a new generation of American Jews.
The New York Review of Books continues to host the dialog between Peter Beinart and Abraham Foxman over how much support Irsael is receiving from a new generation of American Jews. "There’s no evidence, contrary to Beinart, that there’s a fundamental change in Israel away from peace and away from concessions," says Foxman. Beinart, in his latest reply, says that "There is a strange lack of Israeli agency in Foxman’s story." The conversation between Beinart and Foxman comes at a time of intense wrangling over humanitarian ships attempting to push through the blockade against Gaza.
At least he wasn't burned at the stake, right?
- The letter suggests Galileo censored himself a bit in order to fly more under the radar. It didn't work, though.
- The Royal Society Journal will publish the variants of the letters shortly, and scholars will begin to analyze the results.
- The letter was in obscurity for hundreds of years in Royal Society Library in London.
Scientists have developed new ways of understanding how the biological forces of death drive important life processes.
- Researchers have found new ways on how decomposing plants and animals contribute to the life cycle.
- After a freak mass herd death of 300 reindeer, scientists were able to study a wide range of the decomposition processes.
- Promoting the necrobiome research will open up new areas of inquiry and even commerce.
What do we see from watching birds move across the country?
- A total of eight billion birds migrate across the U.S. in the fall.
- The birds who migrate to the tropics fair better than the birds who winter in the U.S.
- Conservationists can arguably use these numbers to encourage the development of better habitats in the U.S., especially if temperatures begin to vary in the south.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.