James Franco's Berlin Exhibition
What happens when a Hollywood heartthrob and the art world collide? Berlin is about to find out as it plays host to James Franco's first ever commercial gallery show.
The idea that Berlin has become a mecca for young artists from across the world has become something of a cliché, but the buzz surrounding a new art opening on Saturday night has less to do with the much-hyped city than the global celebrity of the artist himself. Hollywood actor James Franco is launching his first commercial gallery show in the German capital, with works that address the anarchy and confusion of adolescence, and that also play with the unavoidable fact of his own fame. The show features "childhood motives and images," Franco explained.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.