Apple’s purchase of the online music streamer LaLa signals the first major change to the iTunes platform since it revolutionized the music market.
In what is perhaps a preemptive move against the hugely popular European music streaming service, Spotify, which is eyeing the American music market, Apple has just purchased La La, a music streaming service that could affect the biggest change to the iTunes platform since its launch. "Apple has agreed to purchase the innovative, streaming music service LaLa, according to multiple reports (updated). LaLa fills a big hole in Apple’s digital music strategy and could bring streaming down music from the cloud into iTunes-ready devices everywhere," according to Wired.
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.