Is Wi-Fi the Only Solution?
With data use rocketing, will mobile networks be able to cope? The managing director of The Cloud says wi-fi is the best way to get the best experience.
As mobile companies compete over the increasingly lucrative smartphone market, some providers are beginning to offer unlimited mobile internet access across their 3G networks. This is a bold move and one that may win them market share. But given the current state of the 3G mobile internet experience, the move could leave operators unable to manage the increase in demand for data. The problem is that the amount of data we’re using when we’re accessing the internet via mobile phones is already doubling every three months even before the explosion in smartphone purchases this Christmas.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.