Is Facebook Healthy?
"Can your social network make you healthier? It's a question that health organizations are asking more and more as part of a wave of new gaming experiments."
"In June, Vancouver game consulting company Ayogo launched a Facebook game called HealthSeeker that awards 'life experience' points or virtual gifts when players with diabetes make small lifestyle changes. For example, it might assign a challenge such as not putting sugar in a single cup of coffee and then reward the player for completing the mission. The challenge of this kind of game isn't to convince people of something but to get them to act. 'People are already emotionally committed to their health,' says Michael Fergusson, the founder and CEO of Ayogo."
Are university safe spaces killing intellectual growth?
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.