Iran Close to Nuclear Weapon Capability
Iran–with apparent help from Soviet, Pakistani and North Korean experts–is near to nuclear capability, according to a bombshell report by the International Atomic Energy Agency.
What's the Latest Development?
Iran is on the brink of nuclear capability, according to The Washington Post. Based on an International Atomic Energy Agency report, it's said that the nation has mastered the “critical steps” necessary, thanks to help from Soviet, Pakistani and North Korean experts.
What's the Big Idea?
The disclosures come against a backdrop of new threats of military strikes on Iran. Israeli newspapers last week reported high-level government support in Israel for a military attack on Iran’s nuclear installations. Arms control experts warns against the assumption "that we can always end Iran’s nuclear program with a few airstrikes if nothing else works. That’s simply not the case."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.