If North Korea Collapses?
It's nuclear-armed and seems increasingly unstable yet we lack a contingency plan for a sudden collapse of the North Korean regime, warns The Economist.
It's nuclear-armed and seems increasingly unstable yet neither America, China nor South Korea has a contingency plan to cope should North Korea's current regime suddenly collapse, warns The Economist. "Planning in advance should help to avoid potentially catastrophic misunderstandings. The outside world’s knowledge of the regime in Pyongyang is minimal and China may not want to offend an old ally. But sooner or later, Mr Kim will go, and that will mark a moment of immense tension in a country where his personality cult is about the only thing the people have left."
Are university safe spaces killing intellectual growth?
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.