I, Me, Mine
Generation Y's selfish desire for instant gratification has created political apathy and kept them from even the simplest gesture of completing the census form.
Generation Y's selfish desire for instant gratification has created political apathy and kept them from even the simplest gesture of completing the census form. "The adoption, or co-option, of marketing and consumer products into the lifestyle of the new hipster is why the movement has been accused of going nowhere, as it consumes rather than creates. But its mirroring tendencies are no surprise, given the postmodern environment, where the signifier takes precedence over the signified; that is, the product matters more than what it means."
No, the Syrian civil war is not over. But it might be soon. Time for a recap
- The War in Syria has dropped off the radar, but it's not over (yet)
- This 1-minute video shows how the fronts have moved – and stabilised – over the past 22 months
- Watching this video may leave you both better informed, and slightly queasy: does war need a generic rock soundtrack?
Sarco assisted suicide pods come in three different styles, and allow you to die quickly and painlessly. They're even quite beautiful to look at.
Death: it happens to everyone (except, apparently, Keanu Reeves). But while the impoverished and lower-class people of the world die in the same ol' ways—cancer, heart disease, and so forth—the upper classes can choose hip and cool new ways to die. Now, there's an assisted-suicide pod so chic and so stylin' that peeps (young people still say peeps, right?) are calling it the "Tesla" of death... it's called... the Sarco!
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.