How to Pay Off the Deficit
Dean Baker proposes ways to pay off the budget deficit that don't include cutting social security: among them, a financial speculation tax and allowing the sale of generic prescription drugs.
Dean Baker proposes ways to pay off the budget deficit that don't include cutting social security: among them, a financial speculation tax and allowing the sale of generic prescription drugs. "If the budget hawks had a track record of knowing about the economy or financial markets then perhaps we should take them seriously, but they don't. Therefore we should just view them as people who want to cut social security and are putting out some nonsense to rationalise beating up on retirees."
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
- As a stand-up comedian, Pete Holmes knows how words can manipulate audiences — for good and bad.
- Words aren't just words. They stich together our social fabric, helping establish and maintain relationships.
- Holmes has a clever linguistic exercise meant to bring you closer to the people around you.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.